Trump: Iran asked me for a 1-week pause in attacks on energy facilities, I gave them 10 days


Friday, March 27th 2026

The President of the United States, Donald Trump, has stated that Iran has requested a 7-day pause for stopping attacks on energy facilities, as he has decided to extend this period to ten days.

Trump has informed “Fox News” that the request came through diplomatic channels and, according to him, the Iranian side has been “very grateful” for this decision.

He has added that talks between the two countries are ongoing. and, according to his estimation, they are going “relatively well”.

“They asked for seven days, I told you it will give you 1- because they gave me ships. You know, we talked about the eight ships, about the ‘gift’ that I talked about the other day”, said Trump.

Earlier in the day, Trump also announced the extension of an existing pause on attacks on Iranian energy infrastructure. Originally intended to last five days and end soon, this pause has now been extended to two weeks, remaining in effect until April 6.

We use cookies to improve the experience and display ads (Google AdSense).
By clicking “Accept”, you agree to the use of cookies according to
Privacy Policy
and
Cookies Policy.
You can reject non-necessary cookies by clicking “Reject”.


Source: prizrenpost

Etiketa:
Latest