Wednesday, January 14th 2026
![]()
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said today it is at the “peak of defensive readiness” amid a dramatic escalation of tensions with the US, Anadolu reports.
Brigadier General Seyyed Majid Mousavi, commander of the IRGC’s space division, said in comments carried by the semi-official Fars News Agency that the country’s missile reserves are increased.
“The space force of the IRGC is at the peak of defensive readiness and prepared to oppose any aggression”, Mousavi said. He noted that the division’s output in various areas has increased compared to the period before the 12-day war with Israel in mid-June.
During this time, he said, all damage sustained during the June war has been fully repaired, “keeping the force at the highest level of readiness.”
During the 12-day war in June, Iran fired hundreds of ballistic missiles at Israel after Tel Aviv. attacked Iran and killed a number of senior military commanders and scientists. Washington also bombed three Iranian nuclear sites during the conflict.
Mousavi’s comments come as US President Donald Trump hinted at possible military action against Iran amid ongoing protests that have swept the country since last month.
“To all Iranian patriots, keep protesting,” Trump wrote on social media after a speech in Michigan on Tuesday. He called on the Iranians to “take control of the institutions” and warned that those identified as “murderers and abusers” will “pay a very high price”.
Earlier, Trump had pledged to “go to the aid” of Iranian protesters if the government used lethal force against them. Reports have indicated that Trump is considering military strikes against Iran, following his announcement of a 25 percent tariff on countries that trade with Tehran.
Iranian officials have responded with strong warnings that they would target US military bases in the region if Iran is attacked.
In a letter to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Tuesday, Iran’s UN envoy Amir Saeid Iravani accused Trump of inciting violence inside Iran and threatening military intervention.
Iran’s top security official, Ali Larijani, dismissed Trump’s threats, labeling him “one of the top killers of Iranians.” Many countries have asked their citizens to leave Iran immediately.
Source: prizrenpost
Etiketa: Brief

