New Israeli attacks in Lebanon, at least 3 killed and 10 injured


Monday, May 18th 2026

At least three people were killed and 10 others wounded in fresh Israeli airstrikes in Lebanon today, despite an ongoing ceasefire agreement, according to Lebanese authorities and state media, Anadolu reported.

An Israeli attack in the eastern settlement of Douris in Baalbek killed two Palestinians, including a girl, and wounded a woman and a child, the Lebanese Ministry of Health said in a statement.

The state agency NNA news reported that an Israeli attack in the southern town of Maarakeh in the Tire neighborhood killed one person and wounded eight others. Israeli warplanes carried out strikes targeting Siddiqin in Tire district, Al-Khashna area in Qana and Deir Antar in Bint Jbeil district, according to the agency.

A second Israeli strike in Qana targeted a house in Al-Khashna neighborhood, completely leveling it, NNA said. The agency added that Israeli jets hit residential buildings in the Deir Aames settlement in Tire in three consecutive waves.

Earlier on Monday, Israeli warplanes targeted several houses in the Al-Qalaa area between Harouf and Doueir, destroying them, according to the report. The attacks occurred despite a U.S.-brokered ceasefire that was announced on April 17 and later extended until early July.

Since March 2, Israeli attacks on Lebanon have killed nearly 3,000 people, wounded more than 9,000 and displaced more than 1.6 million, about a fifth of the country’s population, according to Lebanese officials.


Source: prizrenpost

Etiketa:
Latest