Poland summons Israel’s chargé d’affaires, demands apology for treatment of Sumud flotilla activists


Thursday, May 21st 2026

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Poland, Radoslaw Sikorski, announced that Israel’s chargé d’affaires in Warsaw will be summoned immediately to apologize for the treatment that the Israeli Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, gave to the activists of the Global Flotilla “Sumud” that was headed towards Gaza, reports Anadolu.

“I have ordered that the charge d’affaires of Israel in Warsaw to called immediately to convey our anger and apologize for the extremely inappropriate behavior of a member of the Israeli government,” Sikorski said on the American social network X.

He said that Poland condemns the treatment of activists by Israeli authorities and demanded the immediate release of Polish citizens, calling for them to be treated in accordance with international standards.

“The fact that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had advised citizens Poles not traveling to Israel and Palestine does not mean that we accept the violation of their rights and dignity. The safety of our citizens remains our highest priority,” Sikorski added.

The Polish diplomat’s comments come after Ben-Gvir released a video on social media in which he was seen mocking pro-Palestinian activists who were handcuffed and forced to kneel after being stopped by Israeli forces in the waters. international.

The Israeli minister caused outrage both domestically and internationally after releasing a one-minute video.

On Tuesday, the global humanitarian flotilla Sumud announced that all 50 ships in its convoy had been seized by Israel. The flotilla, carrying 428 people from 44 countries, left last Thursday from the Turkish district of Marmaris in a new attempt to break the Israeli blockade imposed on the Gaza Strip since 2007.


Source: prizrenpost

Etiketa:
Latest