Wednesday, May 20th 2026
![]()
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy, Antonio Tajani, has asked his Israeli counterpart, Gideon Saar, to release the activists from the aid flotilla that is leaving for Gaza as soon as possible, reports Anadolu.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy announced that Tajani developed several contacts during the night with his Israeli counterpart, Gideon Saar. “Tajani insisted that the Italian citizens involved, including a member of the Italian Parliament and a journalist, be released and allowed to leave as soon as possible,” the Italian ministry said.
It is noted that Tajani has also reiterated the need to protect the safety and rights of every activist.
“The landing of the first group of flotilla activists has begun at the port of Ashdod in Israel. A second group is expected to arrive later in the day,” it added.
The ministry said officials from the Italian embassy in Tel Aviv are in contact with Israeli authorities to provide consular assistance to Italian citizens. “Activists are expected to be transferred to a facility for identification procedures and then allowed to leave,” the statement said.
Yesterday, the Sumud Global Flotilla said all 50 ships in its aid convoy had been seized by Israel. Together they were transporting 428 people from 44 countries, including 78 Turkish citizens.
Source: prizrenpost
Etiketa: Brief


